Yore Place

...in Egg Harbor

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Bethany Lutheran Church - Ephraim - #1016

church

Bethany Lutheran Church was established in 1882 on the hillside overlooking Eagle Harbor in Ephraim, Wisconsin.   60 Danish, Swedish and Norwegian homesteading families attended services using the Norwegian language until 1889 when English became the church's language.  In 1909 the membership was devastated when the state of Wisconsin started to purchase and take over many of the members farms which were on land that was designated for the proposed Peninsula State Park.  Services are still held during the summer months with visiting Pastors conducting the services.

Original watercolor by PaPa Giz - 12"x18" - #1016 - Commission.  Prints are available.

 

Yore Place in Egg Harbor