Yore Place

...in Egg Harbor

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Shipwrecked - #1426

Egg Harbor Past and Present Through The Eyes Of A Big Brown Dog....

Shipwrecked was the Kewaunee House.

Built in 1882 by George Barringer and named the Kewaunee House when operated by John and Mary Worachek from Slovan in Kewaunee County. Fred and Joseph Burdo owned it in 1898 and Ed Fiedler in 1901. In 1904 John and Anna Bertschinger purchased it and expanded the saloon adding hotel rooms and a dining room. A meal and a room cost 20 cents each. John 'Jack' and Phoebe Carmody bought it in 1912 and changed the name to Harbor Inn. When 'Jack' died in 1931, Phoebe sold to Olive and Arthur Parent. The hotel served travelers and offered meals. In 1945 it was sold to Verna and Maurice 'Murphy' Moore and operated as Murphy Moore's Harbor Inn until 1975. The Thimbleberry Inn and Blue Iris preceded the present Shipwrecked Restaurant and Brewery.  Unfortunately, Shipwrecked burned in 2017, it was rebuilt with an "industrial type" design.

Original watercolor by PaPa Giz - 12"x18" - #1426 - Phone or e-mail for pricing.

 

Yore Place in Egg Harbor