Yore Place

...in Egg Harbor

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

The Parador - #1423

Egg Harbor Past and Present Through The Eyes Of A Big Brown Dog.....

Parador Restaurant was Truman Thorp's home

Truman Thorp's home was built in 1895. Truman was the son of Levi Thorp a founder of Egg Harbor. Other owners have been C.A. Speaker, E. Gagnon, and Otto Woldt who had a meat market in the home in 1921. Francis Bogenschutz had an electrician shop in the 40s and 50s. The building also housed a sport shop. Restaurants and gift shops have been recent businesses. The present owners Roy and Teri Back purchased the building from a seasonal resident. The original property was issued and registered by U.S. President James Buchanan on December 28, 1859.

Original watercolor by PaPa Giz - 10"x14" - #1423 - Phone or e-mail for pricing.

 

Yore Place in Egg Harbor