Yore Place

...in Egg Harbor

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Cupola House Gallery - #1410

Egg Harbor Past and Present Through The Eyes Of A Big Brown Dog.....

Cupola House Gallery was Levi Thorp's home.

Levi and his brother Jacob purchased 1600 acres in the area for the purpose of harvesting the forest products. Levi built his home in 1871 with monies made during the 'Gold Rush' of 1849. It has been the best example of Gothic Revival architecture in Door County. Named the 'Cupola House' because of its distinct cupola. The cupola is surrounded by a 'widows walk' . In 1907 Charles Cady traded his farm in Oconto for the Cupola House. Other owners over the years incuded Rocky and Everett Fairchild, Dorothy and Therman Deerwester, and Adele Carley-Hake. Gloria and Richard Hansen purchased it in 1980 and refurbished it into the Cupola House Gallery.

Original watercolor by PaPa Giz - 12"x18" - #1410 - Phone or e-mail for pricing.

 

Yore Place in Egg Harbor