Yore Place

...in Egg Harbor

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Casey's BBQ & Smokehouse - #1406

Egg Harbor Past and Present Through The Eyes Of A Big Brown Dog.....

Casey's BBQ & Smokehouse was Uncle Jerry's.

Built by Antone Rushford about 1870, then purchased by Gideon (Jerry) LeMieux (LeMere) in 1889. (Gideon changed his name to Jerry LeMere) The tavern was destroyed by fire in 1897 and Jerry rebuilt it with his sons Phillip, Jerry and Frank. It became know as Uncle Jerry's place where dances and socials where held in the dance hall on the second floor. In 1938, August “Casey” and Lelia Lautenbach purchased the tavern and changed the dance hall to 4 rental rooms at $2/night. Casey's sons, Donald and Lester continued operation until 1987. Bob Manson purchased it and sold to Matt Peterson in 2008, it has been “Casey's” since 1938. Bob Hope was a patron of note.

Original watercolor by PaPa Giz - 12"x18" - #1406 - Phone or e-mail for pricing.

 

 

Yore Place in Egg Harbor