Yore Place

...in Egg Harbor

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

William Manney's House - #1420

Egg Harbor Past and Present Through The Eyes Of A Big Brown Dog.....

Private residence was William Manney's home.

The land grant for the property was signed by President James Buchanan in 1857. The Manny house was built in 1874 as a log structure. The log structure has since been sided over. The wrap-around porch was added as a gift from William Manny to his wife Anna. Dances were often held in the big dining room. The homestead was farmed, it went from 'Wood Orchard Market' to the Eames Farm hill, down to the bay. It was gradually sold off. Mrs. Rose Manney Wilson later owned the house, she sold it in 1967. The Browning family now owns the property.

Original watercolor by PaPa Giz - 10"x14" - #1420 - SOLD - Prints are available.

 

Yore Place in Egg Harbor